The Musée Héritage Museum Archives acquires and preserves archival material significant to the memory of St. Albert and area. The archival holdings include over 100 metres of material including personal papers, oral histories, municipal records, business and community organization records. The material includes thousands of photographs, negatives and slides as well as ledgers, manuscripts, letters, maps, cassette tapes, videocassettes and digital files. Archival holdings are rare, original and unpublished, so much care is taken to preserve the material. The archives is also in the process of digitizing its holdings so the material can be more easily accessible to the public.
To get information about archives in general, the Archives Society of Alberta has created a tutorial to explain the many aspects of archives: www.archivesalberta.org/webtutorial/openme.html
In addition to the archives, the Musée Héritage Museum has a special library. This library consists of over 1000 books that are unique to the history of Alberta and St. Albert. The books are non-circulating but available for reading at the museum.
What is in the Musée Héritage Museum’s Holdings?
Our archival holdings can be found on our online database at: archives.museeheritage.ca/
The following is a list of some of the fonds and collections held at the Musée Héritage Museum. A fonds is a Canadian term used to indicate the entire body of records, in all formats, of an organization, family or individual that have been preserved in an archives.
Completed finding aids will be added as they become available.
- Alpha Psi Chapter, Beta Sigma Phi fonds
- Atkinson, Seibert family
- Belcourt, Walter
- Bouvier, Damase
- Big Lake Environment Support Society
- Bracko, Len
- Brigadier-General Raymond Brutinel
- Callihoo, Mary
- Calliou, Michel
- Chevigny, Octave
- City of St Albert
- Gagnon, Teresa
- Fowler, Richard
- Hamilton, K. D.
- Harnois, Gerard
- Kerslake, Dave
- Knights of Columbus, St. Albert Antiques, Canadian Unity committee
- Loyal Edmonton Regiment Military Museum fonds
- Lefebvre, Florence
- Martindale family
- Macpherson, Elizabeth
- McDonald family
- Morin, Sharon
- Musée Héritage Museum
- Poloway, Philip
- Pratt, Edmond, Father, OMI
- Ratchinsky, Anita
- Redekopp, Lynn
- Romanko, Maria
- St. Albert Comets Hockey Club
- St. Albert Games Society (1994 Alberta Winter Games)
- St Albert Historical Society – Photograph series
- St. Albert K-Ette Club
- St. Albert Minor Baseball Association
- St. Albert Olympic Celebration and Torch Committee (1988 Winter Olympics)
- St. Albert Summer Games Society (1979 Alberta Summer Games)
- St. Albert Women’s Institute
- Tennant, Charles
- Vaugeois, Pauline
- Weiller & Williams Co. Ltd fonds
- Learn more about the collection of Weiller & Williams Co. Ltd. archival materials and artifacts.
- Zeitz, Renie
Contact the Archives
Musée Héritage Museum
5 St. Anne St.
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z9